Get a kick start in your life
Top 10 Wellness Tips from 7 time World Fitness Champions Matt & Monica:
- Add an extra 10 minutes onto everything you do. You’ll be surprised at the things you will find out or even accomplish in a day!
10 more minutes exercising will give you a better body.
10 more minutes studying and you might finally understand the answer or formula.
10 more minutes sleeping will do your body and mind wonders.
10 more minutes to eat your meals – eating slowly is much better for your digestive system, and you will find you will eat less because you will feel full sooner.
10 more minutes meditating and you will feel the calmness of your mind.
- There is laundry that needs washing, and you postpone washing it for later. Get up and wash it now. Do not let your laziness overcome you. When you know that in this way you are developing your self-discipline, and if you are convinced of its importance, it will be easier for you to do whatever you have to do.
- You know you need to go to the gym, but instead you sit and do nothing or watch a movie. Get up and walk, run or do some other physical exercise, just get it done, even a 10 minute walk is better than nothing!
- Do you like your coffee with sugar? Then for a whole week decide to drink it without sugar.
- You like to drink a can of soft drink each day? For a week drink only mineral water with lemon squeezed into it.
- You have a desire to eat a piece of chocolate? Instead eat a piece of fruit and large glass of water!
- One little discipline training trick Matt adopted in his life was that when his intuition or subconscious was telling him to do something constructive or positive then he would do it immediately, or if someone suggested he try something or do a task that might help with his overall goal he would say yes or give it a go. It came down to a philosophy he called THINK IT DO IT.
- Overcome your laziness and convince yourself of the importance of what is to be done. Convince your mind that you gain inner strength when you act and do things, in spite of laziness or senseless inner resistance. You can’t achieve any goal without discipline. You have to exercise and train even when you don’t feel like it.
- Have you ever found yourself staring at an untidy room, wondering just how to begin the process of putting it in order? If so, you’ll know that ultimately it doesn’t make much difference. You can start in a corner or the middle, on the floor or the surfaces. The important thing is to roll up your sleeves and start somewhere. As long as you stand looking at the untidy room, the job looks too hard. The moment you get to grips with it, it will become easy.
- Remember there are two pains in life, the Pain of Regret and the Pain of Discipline. One weighs tons while the other weighs grams. Don’t let the lack of discipline keep you from living an amazing and energy-filled life.
About Matt & Monica from Fitness Kick
Husband and wife team Matt and Monica are 7 time World Fitness Champions, best selling authors and personal trainers. They used their love and passion to open their own fitness training centre in 2004 – Fitness Kick @ Flemington in Victoria. Fitness Kick @ Flemington is very innovative and most of the exercise programs they run have been trademarked and developed by them. This has led to teaching these different training systems to personal trainers in the form of accredited courses all over Australia – Kickboxing and Boxing for PT, Suspension Training and Group Training.
They also run fitness, self defence and motivational programs in over 150 schools in Victoria.
Visit Fitness Kick online HERE.
Matt and Monica have also written three wellness Books
The first book titled ‘Change your Body with the Worlds Fittest Couple’ tells our story while detailing a lot of the theory regarding training and nutrition and covering the main topic of getting the body alkaline.
The second book titled ’84 Day Body Challenge Action Manual’ is a step by step guide of exactly what to do with a user friendly day by day diary with checklists that provides you with an action plan to get moving and eat well using our food management program – “Eat Green Stay Lean” and our “Fusion” exercise program.
The third book – EAT EAT EAT Alkaline Recipe Bookis absolutely everything we ate and still eat to this day. Every meal in the recipe book is Alkaline and also includes an 84 day eating plan with all recipes.
You can buy all three books on the InnerOrigin store.
– Blog post provided by Matt and Monica at Fitness Kick