Serves 5-8. Prep time: 10 minutes (+ 4 hours sitting) Cooking time: 3 minutes
“I am not a huge fan of sweets, because once that sugar-craving monster steps into our lives, it’s very hard for us to kick it out. That being said, I think this simple treat is a healthy option if you want to make something special for a birthday party celebration.” Pete Evans
Note that coconut cream works better than coconut milk for this recipe due to its higher fat content.
- 1 ½ teaspoons grass-fed gelatine powder
- 500 ml (17 fl oz / 2 cups) coconut cream or coconut milk
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla bean powder
- ⅛ teaspoon green leaf stevia powder
- 150 grams (5 ¼ oz) blueberries (fresh or frozen), plus extra to serve
- Sprinkle the gelatine over the coconut cream or milk at room temperature, and leave to sit for 2 minutes to absorb the liquid and expand.
- Place the coconut cream mixture in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the vanilla and bring to a simmer, stirring constantly. Immediately remove from the heat, then mix in the stevia. Allow to cool completely before pouring into the moulds.
- Divide the blueberries evenly between five 120 ml (4 fl oz) ramekins or moulds. Pour in the cooled coconut cream mixture until it almost reaches the rim. Transfer the ramekins to the refrigerator and leave for 4 hours, or until set. Sprinkle some more blueberries on top and serve.