Prep time: 8 min. Cooking time: 7 minutes if adding edamame. Serves:4
- ¼ red cabbage, finely sliced
- 1 small red capsicum, sliced
- 1 carrot, finely sliced or grated
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- 1 cup packaged fried crispy noodles
- 1 cup frozen shelled edamame (optional)
Orange & sesame dressing ingredients:
- 1/2 orange, squeezed
- 1 tablespoon agave
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 teaspoons PICKLD Sesame Seasoning Blend
- Salt & pepper to taste
- If including the edamame, prepare by submerging them in water in a small saucepan. Bring to the boil and allow to boil for 3 minutes to cook. Drain and rinse under cold water.
- Meanwhile, combine all the salad ingredients except for the crispy noodles in a bowl. Add the edamame once cooked.
- In a small bowl, combine all of the salad dressing ingredients together. Mix well.
- Combine the salad dressing with the tossed salad. Add the crispy noodles just before serving so they remain crisp.
Pickl’d Premium Vegan Sesame Seasoning
With a great nutty taste, this mild seasoning goes perfectly with a variety of vegetables, pairing best with dishes that contain carrots, potato, sweet potato, pumpkin, rice, noodles, and couscous – it’s also a unique dukkah substitute. If you don’t like plain rice, simply mix 2-3 teaspoon of sesame seasoning to a bowl of rice with a pinch of salt and a teaspoon of sesame oil to get sesame flavoured rice. It’s that simple!
Pickld Seasonings can be purchased from www.innerorigin.com