We just love the new SuperFoods d.e.w. (Drink, Eat, Wear). Innovative entrepreneurs Sharon and Nikki thought why not create three amazing superfoods, that are perfect to drink, put in your cooking, and wear as a mask for face, body and hair. The three unique blends of;
Turmeric & Ginger blend is great for stopping or treating colds and flu as well as fantastic for sore joints and muscles, Mint & Matcha blend is a fabulous pick me up as it boosts endorphins and it helps with good gut health and Cacao & Beetroot great to assist with detoxification.
Beat the winter chills with d.e.w and cook delicious meal recipe below with Tumeric and Ginger Superfood. Find out more below!
Blog post provided by d.e.w founders Sharon Hall and Nikki Wood.
About d.e.w Products
Turmeric & Ginger: Not your average turmeric blend! The addition of ginger, cinnamon, mesquite and black pepper provides a little zing that taste buds and skin cells love equally. The pepper also acts like an adaptogen in the body, amplifying the effects of all the other ingredients to help fight premature ageing and promote skin regeneration and healing.
Matcha & Mint: A unique blend of antioxidant-rich matcha, peppermint, gut-loving alfalfa, sweet mesquite and true vanilla. Rich in powerful age-fighting polyphenols that will reduce inflammation and even skin tone. This blend also has wonderful healing properties & works behind the scenes to increase collagen production and skin elasticity
Cacao & Beetroot: Combining raw cacao with beetroot, ginger and fennel, this potent antioxidant hit is high in skin-loving magnesium, zinc and sulphur. It’s rich in omega-3 fatty acids, fibre and detoxifying nutrients to help purify, repair and revitalise skin. A tiny pinch of cayenne pepper provides a little ‘kick’ and stimulates absorption, reduces inflammation, redness and helps provide protection from UV damage.
All d.e.w products are 100% organic, Nasties Free and packaged in compostable packaging.
How to Beat the Winter chill with d.e.w
So it’s getting to that time of year again isn’t? The chilly weather has started, as have the sniffly noses. But never fear, before you reach for the pills, nature has some great ways to help ease a cold.
1. The goodness of foods.
Eating your way to good health is a yummy way to fight those fluey feelings.
- Garlic, turmeric and ginger are all delicious boosts for your immune system and help flush out toxins.
- We all know Vitamin C likes kicking a cold’s backside so be sure to increase your intake of citruses, tomatoes, capsicum and broccoli.
- And good quality chicken soup isn’t just for the soul; it works wonders on the lungs to help reduce coughing.
- A teaspoon of d.ew Beauty Foods’ Turmeric & Ginger blend is the prefect addition to all of these. It’s great in a stir fry with garlic, gives your chicken soup some extra zing, is yummy on fried tomatoes and, surprisingly, is the most delicious addition to a glass of OJ, yes really! Did we mention how jam-packed it is with flu-fighting goodies. And if you want to make a meal of its beautiful benefits try our Turmeric & Ginger Poached Fish and our Oven Roasted Turmeric & Ginger Veggies; the recipes are below.
2. Get your fluids up.
Staying hydrated is important everyday but especially when you’re sick and blowing your nose too much. Obviously, there’s the usual advise to drink plenty of water but, when you’ve got the chills, hot liquids are like a big warm hug.
- Add some good old apple cider vinegar to a cup of hot water or if you prefer pop a shot of it. This will help alkalise your body and boost your immune system, both which will help to kill off any nasty bacteria.
- And for a tastier option add a teaspoon of d.e.w Beauty Foods Turmeric & Ginger blend to a cup of hot water and a squeeze of lemon juice. Then for their antiviral bug-busting benefits add some honey and a teaspoon of coconut oil – mmmmm yum!
3. Chill your chills away.
Don’t try to carry on as usual, time out is the prefect remedy when you’re suffering a cold.
- A hot bath not only warms your cockles but it actually helps draw out impurities and clear the chest. Adding a little essential oil can help too. Lavender helps you to relax and brings on sleep, Frankincense is a great decongestant and helps reduce any anxiety about missing work or other important events. And eucalyptus helps relieve a stuffy noses as well as those nasty aches and pains. Just a few drops is enough to help.
- Sleep is the time when our bodies can truly heal, so catch up on some Zzzz’s and when you’re done cuddles up under a blanket and watch some movies or binge on some eps of your fave show.
- To get even more cold-kicking benefits while your chilling pop on a Turmeric & Ginger face mask. Simply mix 1/2 teaspoon with some yoghurt or honey and lay back and let the goodness be absorbed instantly into your skin, and your system for an accelerated healing boost.
Remember it’s totally fine to be sick. We usually pack so much in to our hectic lives that it’s OK to stop, sleep and slow down. Give your body time to fight it off so you’re back to your fabulous fit self in no time.
In regards to the beauty benefits mentioned above, they’re all antioxidants, anti-inflammatory, antiseptic and reduce redness and puffiness. The Turmeric & Ginger blend helps fights acne, reduces wrinkles, skin spots and pigmentation, as well as being amazing for thinning hair and reducing hair loss. The Mint & Matcha evens skin tone, increases skin elasticity, maintains collagen and protects from UV damage. The Cacao & Beetroot reduces wrinkles, skin damage, psoriasis and acne, it lightens blemishes as well as supporting optimum nail and hair growth. The unique approach with d.e.w is that you can drink, eat and wear all of our blends for complete inside out beauty and benefits.
For that extra flu-fighting power the Turmeric & Ginger recipes as promised:
Turmeric & Ginger Recipes
Turmeric & Ginger Poached Fish
- 1 small onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 423 Ml coconut cream
- 1/4 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp Turmeric & Ginger blend
- 2 filets of barramundi cut into 3cm strip (can be substituted for chicken breast)
- 1/4 bunch coriander
- 1 green chilli
Pan-fry the onion and garlic for 2 mins. Add the coconut cream, chilli, Turmeric & Ginger blend stirring until combined. Add the barramundi & poach until just cooked through – if using chicken ensure it’s well cooked through. Stir through chopped coriander leaving a few sprigs to garnish. Serve with rice (if desired) and top with chopped green chilli – Serves 2.
Oven Roasted Turmeric & Ginger Veggies
- 2 tbsps of coconut oil
- 3 large roasting potatoes
- 250 grams pumpkin
- 1 medium sweet potatoes
- 2 red onions
- 3 peeled garlic cloves
- Chilli flakes
- 1 stalk of rosemary
- 1 tsp Turmeric & Ginger blend
Preheat your oven to 180° (160° fan forced) Pop in your baking dish to heat the coconut oil Chop the potatoes to bite-size pieces & parboil Whilst they’re cooking chop the garlic in half & the rest of the veg into bite-size pieces. Drain & shake the potatoes to rough-up the outsides, Add all the veg to the oiled pan, sprinkle on the chilli, rosemary leaves, Turmeric & Ginger blend, then stir to distribute. Roast for 35 mins or until golden & crispy.