Gluten-Free Raspberry Chocolate Muffins
Packed with flavour and wholesome ingredients these tasty ‘Gluten-free Raspberry Choc Chip Muffins’ make the perfect healthy snack with a cup of tea. Almond meal and eggs are loaded with protein to help balance blood sugar levels and provide vital amino acids to build and repair the body. Eggs are one of the few foods that are a naturally good source of vitamin D. Eggs also contain choline, found in the yolk. Choline is important as it helps protect our livers from accumulating fat, and it’s needed to make the neurotransmitter acetylcholine, which is vital for nervous system function. Raspberries are an excellent source of vitamin C and protective antioxidants that are required for healthy glowing skin and a strong functioning immune system.
2 1/2 cups almond meal
3/4 tsp baking soda
Pinch sea salt
4 organic eggs
1 tsp vanilla bean extract or paste
1/4 cup raw honey or maple syrup
1/3 cup cold pressed coconut oil
Zest small lemon + 1 Tbsp juice
1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
2-3 Tbsp dark chocolate chips
Almond flakes for topping
- Preheat your oven to 180*C. Either place 10 muffin cups into a muffin tray or use a silicon muffin tray.
- In a large bowl mix all dry ingredients together.
- Then in a separate bowl mix wet ingredients together (except raspberries or chocolate chips).
- Slowly add wet ingredient to dry and stir until well combined.
- Gently stir through raspberries and chocolate chips.
- Pour the mixture into your muffin cups or tray and top with almond flakes.
- Place in the oven for around 20-25 minutes, until golden brown.
- Allow to cool and then enjoy!
TEA PAIRING: These delicious raspberry choc chip muffins pair perfectly with a cup of Bodhi Organic ViridiTEA or Black BeauTEA.
Raw Caramel & Almond Cheesecakes
This gorgeous Raw Caramel & Almond Cheesecakes are jam-packed with goodness, providing calcium and magnesium, two important minerals that are needed for maintaining bone health and preventing osteoporosis.These vital nutrients are also required for healthy nervous system function and cardiovascular health.
1 cup roasted almonds
1 Tbsp maple syrup
7 medjool dates, remove pits
¼ cup raw cacao powder
1 ½ cup cashews, soak overnight or for 4 hours
3 Tbsp almond butter
3 Tbsp maple syrup
1/4 Tbsp coconut milk
9 dates, remove pit and soak
¼ cup coconut milk
1 tsp vanilla bean paste or extract
Pinch sea salt
2 Tbsp tahini
100g good quality dark chocolate
Roughly chopped almonds for topping
- Put almonds, dates, cacao, maple syrup in a blender and pulse until you have a dough like constancy.
- Line a round cake tin with baking paper.
- Press mixture into cake tin evenly and then place in the freezer.
- Add drained cashews, almond butter, coconut milk and maple syrup into your food processor and blend until you have a smooth consistency.
- Pour over your base and then put back in the freezer.
- Add drained dates, vanilla, coconut milk, salt and tahini in your food processor and blend until well combined.
- Pour over cashew nut layer.
- Place in the freezer for 2 hours until set.
- Melt chocolate and drizzle over cake then sprinkle with chopped almonds.
TIP: Pour your melted chocolate into a small zip lock bag and then cut a small piece off one end. This makes for easy decorating.
TEA PAIRING: These delicious Raw Caramel & Almond Cheesecakes pair beautifully with our Bodhi Organic Masala Chai or Black BeauTEA.