Delicious Easter treats
These easy homemade chocolates are not only delicious and unbelievably healthy for you. They’ve got all the magical benefits of our After Midnight – Dark blend (packed full of nutrients, antioxidants, and mood enhancers) and not a bit of added sugar (so there’s no need for any extra honey or maple syrup…unless you have a really sweet tooth).
And you can also get super creative and have some fun with them! Mmmmm…
- 1/2 cup (60g) After Midnight – Dark
- 1/2 cup (60g) Cacao Butter or Coconut Oil (Cacao Butter is a bit more solid that Coconut Oil when it sets, but is sometimes harder to get)
- Toppings/flavours as desired (goji berries, coconut, almonds, peppermint oil, etc.)
- Melt the Cacao Butter/Coconut Oil. Use a double boiler (bowl over a saucepan of simmering water).
- Gradually stir in the After Midnight – Dark a bit a time. Using a fork or whisk helps to separate lumps.
- Once stirred, use a spoon to pour a small amount into moulds, or you can use cupcake cases in a cupcake tray.
- Now is the time to add toppings/flavours if desired. Drop a few on top – if you’ve made them thick they will drop down into the chocolate, making a fun surprise when you bite into them.
- Pop them into the freezer to set.
- Once they have set, take them out and indulge in a moment of pure chocolate heaven!
Store them in a container in the fridge for up to two weeks (although they probably will be eaten long before.)