Supercharge your day!
Supercharge your day with a delicious healthy smoothie recipe with tea, kale and mango. This recipe is jam-packed with vitamins and is set to boost your immunity for the cooler months to come.
What’s in it for me?
The smoothie is packed with beta-carotene (pro-vitamin A) which is an important vitamin. It acts as a potent antioxidant and helps reduce inflammation in the body, while supporting eye health and vision.
Another important ingredient is kale, a super brassica vegetable. It helps to detoxify your liver with high levels of sulfur compounds.
Keep your skin vibrant, healthy and youthful with the help of vitamin C in the mangoes. It’s a powerful source of antioxidants and helps with collagen production. It also helps boost your immunity by keeping your adrenal gland healthy.
The green leafy vegetables like kale and baby spinach are an important ingredient as they’re a great source of iron. They bolster your immune system and promote red blood cell production and the transport of oxygen around the body.
The tea in the smoothie will also increase your metabolism, helping you burn fat and loose weight. Green tea especially has been shown to be rich in antioxidants, reducing the risk of chronic disease including cancer and cardiovascular disease.
Healthy Smoothie Recipe Ingredients
- 1 1/2 cups frozen mango pieces
- 1 packed cup baby spinach
- 1 large kale leaf, remove rib
- Small handful fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 large Lebanese cucumber
- 1 cup chilled tea
- Small handful of pistachios
- Place all ingredients, except pistachios, in your blender and mix until smooth and well combined
- Pour into 2 glasses and top with roughly chopped pistachios and some mint leaves