Blog post provided by Kerr’s Organic.
Not only does dairy and gluten play havoc with your digestive system if you are in anyway intolerant you also feel constantly bloated, it’s made us determined to find some healthy replacements for the things that we really love.
The first thing to get right is bread. Did you know that most supermarket bought gluten-free bread contains massive amounts of sugar and canola oil? It might be gluten-free but it certainly isn’t a health food.
Try this delicious Gluten-free Bread recipe that is nothing but a loaf of superfoods!
- 1 Cup Buckwheat Flour
- 1 Cup Almond Meal
- 1 Cup Quinoa Flakes
- 1/2 Cup Sunflower Seeds
- 1/2 Cup Pumpkin Seeds (Pepita)
- 1/2 Cup Psyllium Husk
- 1/8 Cup Dried Basil
- 1 Teaspoon of Pink Himalayan Pink Table Salt
- 2 Cups Filtered Water
- Coconut Oil for greasing
- Place all the ingredients in a large bowl
- Stir well to create a rough looking dough
- Leave to stand for 60 minutes until the mixture is firm
- Grease a regular loaf tin with coconut oil
- Bake at 180c for about 60 minutes (until a wooden skewer comes out clean)
The bread is delicious sliced straight from the oven it will last a couple of days if kept in the fridge or you can slice it and freeze it. Try replacing the Basil for other dried herbs or savoury yeast flakes. You can also swap out the pumpkin or sunflower seeds for other seeds, nuts or dried fruit. It’s quite a dense bread, great for toast, dipping in soups and broths or for open sandwiches.
Serve with Kerr’s Organic delicious Spreads, now available at InnerOrigin!
- Made with 100% Organic Fruit & Vegetables and love.
- Made with raw sugar and are vegan, coeliac-friendly and manufactured in a nut-free environment.
- Sandwiches, toasties, snacks and BBQs have never tasted so good.
- From time to time we may have to substitute a product for something equally delicious because we insist on organic fruit and vegetables and sometimes there just isn’t enough available.
- The more of us that switch to organic and stay that way the farmers will convert and the supply chain will become more consistent.
- You are part of the clean food revolution.