These lovely moist Lemon & Polenta Almond Friands work beautifully as a wholesome afternoon treat with a cup of tea. Polenta (made from cornmeal) is gluten-free and is rich in dietary fibre to support good digestive health. Polenta is also a good source of carotenoids, lutein and zeaxanthin. Polenta also provides some B vitamins along with phosphorus, potassium, zinc and magnesium.
3 organic eggs
1/3 cup raw honey
1 tsp vanilla bean paste or extract
1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
Juice and zest of large lemon
1 1/2 cup almond meal
3/4 cup instant organic polenta
1 tsp baking powder
3 Tbsp raw honey
Juice 1 small lemon
- Preheat your oven to 180*C. Grease a non-stick muffin or friand tin.
- In a small bowl whisk wet ingredients together.
- In a large bowl combine dry ingredients.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry and mix by hand until well combined.
- Pour mixture into friand holes and put in the oven for 30 minutes.
- To make the syrup, mix honey and lemon juice together in a small saucepan until well combined.
- Allow your friands to cool and then with a skewer make 4 or 5 holes in each friand.
- Pour syrup over the friands and then let them sit for 10 minutes before serving.
Delicious served with a dollop of fresh cream or coconut yoghurt.
TEA PAIRING: These beautiful lemon & polenta almond friands match perfectly with Bodhi Organic SereniTEA and ImmuniTEA.