This Rocky Road is not only everything you expect a rocky road to be…crunchy, chewy and rich…it’s also healthy! There’s no added sugar, no sugary unhealthy marshmallows or lollies…and it’s so delicious. This recipe uses After Midnight’s After Dark Superfood Chocolate, available for purchase from InnerOrigin. Enjoy!
- 150g cacao butter
- 150g After Midnight-Dark
- 120g (1/2 cup) coconut cream (put the can in the fridge 1/2 hr before opening. This will solidify the cream on top which is the part you want to use)
- 3/4 cup (120g) pistachios (or other nuts)
- 3/4 cup (120g) dried raspberries (or cranberries, strawberries)
- 1/2 cup puffed quinoa (or millet/rice/buckwheat)
- 1/2 cup (80g) medium-large chunks of coconut butter/paste*
- extra coconut butter in smaller bits for on top
How to make me:
- Put the chunks of coconut butter in a bowl or plate in the fridge. This ensures they are cold when you add them to the mixture and are not going to melt.
- Melt the cacao butter using a double boiler method – by putting in a bowl over a saucepan of boiled water. stir it continuously until it melts
- Once all melted, add in the After Midnight-Dark and stir until fully blended.
- Mix in the coconut cream. This will start to cool down the chocolate mixture so you’ll want to add in all the rest of the ingredients quickly to ensure it doesn’t cool too quickly.
- Pour in the pistachios, raspberries, and puffed quinoa and stir until they are well combined. Finally add your coconut butter chunks and mix until they are mostly covered.
- Using a spatula, scoop the mixture into a silicone mould or onto a lined baking tray. It is great to leave it kind of chunky and uneven. Sprinkle additional coconut butter on top and press lightly to ensure it sticks.
- Put in fridge or freezer to set fully (30mins). Take it out and break or cut into chunks. They don’t need to be even.
Note: *Coconut Butter/Paste is not the same as coconut oil. It’s a thick paste formed from the ground coconut flesh, rather than an oil pressed from it.