Get cooking at home with the family! Try this delicious Paleo Banana Bread recipe by our Ambassador Pete Evans.
Using Natural Raw C Raw Coconut oil, bananas and cinnamon – this bread is filled with benefits!
Trust us when we say it is amazingly yummy, and the kids will love it!
- 100g coconut flour
- 100g almond flour
- 6 very ripe bananas, mashed well with a fork
- 250mls Raw C coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 150g walnuts, roughly chopped, plus extra for garnish
- 170g raw organic honey, plus extra for garnish
- 8 free- range eggs
- 1 vanilla bean (scraped)
- pinch of salt
- 1 sliced banana, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 180’c degrees. Grease a 20cm x 12 cm loaf tin with melted ghee or coconut oil and line with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the coconut flour, almond flour, ground cinnamon, baking soda, and pinch of salt and mix to combined.
- In another bowl, add eggs, vanilla, honey and whisk together, then add mashed banana and the walnuts to the egg mixture and whisk more until well combined.
- Pour the liquid ingredients into the dry and stir with a spoon until thoroughly combined, then add ghee or coconut oil and continue stirring until well incorporated.
- Spoon all of the batter in the lined loaf tin and spread it out evenly with a spatula.
- Slice the remaining banana into three pieces diagonally and lay on the top, then sprinkle with the extra walnuts.
- Bake in the oven for 40-45 minutes or until the centre is pierced with a toothpick and the toothpick comes out clean.
- Pull out of the oven and let it cool slightly (only for a minute or so) then carefully invert it onto your hand or a wire rack and flip it so the bottom is laying flat on the wire rack. Brush some honey over the top and let it cool for 20-30 minutes.