Pickld Coconut Seasoning has a fresh, smooth coconut flavour and a crunch that will add texture to your meal. Pair this crowd favourite with dishes that include carrots, cauliflower, cabbage, brussel sprouts, broccoli, green beans, snow peas, radish, and corn. Our coconut blend can also liven up plain rice; all you need is 2-3 teaspoons of seasoning, a pinch of salt, and a tablespoon of coconut oil to create your very own coconut rice. It can also be used as dukkah substitute and tastes fantastic on grilled corn.
Prep time: 10 min. Cooking time: 10 min. Serves: 2 to 3
- • 150g cooked couscous
- • 5 brussel sprouts, sliced
- • 250g podded broad beans*
- • 2 tablespoons pecan nuts, broken into pieces
- • 5 fresh dates, pitted & diced
- • 5 tablespoons olive oil
- • 3 tablespoons PICKLD Coconut Seasoning Blend
- • Salt & pepper to taste
1 Heat oil in a pan and add the pecan nuts and dates. Stir for 2 minutes.
2. Add brussel sprouts and broad beans and stir for another minute.
3. Add salt, stir well, cover with a lid and cook for another 4 minutes.
4. Add the cooked couscous and the PICKLD coconut seasoning and stir for another 2 minutes.
5. Serve hot with a sprinkle of PICKLD coconut seasoning blend.
6 *Note: If you are time poor, you can buy the frozen broad beans. Add the broad beans to pan of boiling water and cook for 2 min. Then add it to cold water. Once cooled, you can remove the thick outer skin and use the beans inside, which will have a sweet and nutty taste without the chewy outside skin .